May 11, 2020
May 11, 2020
Your savings account, your high-yield bank deposits, a CD. Can
we replace these bank functions with a protocol?
Compound seems to think so. Compound is a two-sized money robot
that provides borrowing and lending to create something new:
interest. Learn what it does, why it's powerful, and how it's
evolving as we talk with Robert Leshner. We even ask if there's a
way for the community to get its hand on some Comp tokens and start
shaping the future of the protocol.
- What you can do w/ Compound
- Power of programmable interest
- How Compound's different than:
- WellsFargo (traditional banks)
- Maker (other procotols)
- BlockFi (crypto banks)
- If crypto banks will out-compete DeFi
- How you can get COMP tokens
- Future of protocol politicians
- The protocol sink thesis
- Robert's biggest fear for DeFi
- How the Bankless community can help
This is our
final of three episodes in the "King Money Protocols Series" where
we talk through the three most important DeFi protocols. Catch up
Episode 10 and
Episode 9 if you missed them.
episode begins we also talk about:
- Tron stealing
our tax money
- What wBTC
backing means for DAI
Tools from our sponsors to go bankless:
- Try earning interest on
- Stay tuned for governance opportunities:
- Give Bankless a 5-star review on iTunes right now!
Subscribe to podcast on iTunes | Spotify | YouTube | RSS
Leave a review on iTunes
Share the episode with someone you know!
Don't stop at the podcast!
Subscribe to the Bankless newsletter program
Visit official Bankless
website for resources
Follow Bankless on Twitter | YouTube
Follow Ryan on Twitter
Follow David on Twitter